The City.

"I like it in the city when two worlds collide
You get the people and the government
Everybody taking different sides

Shows that we ain’t gonna stand shit
Shows that we are united
Shows that we ain’t gonna take it."


I've often wondered if it's true; that where you live does shape you into the person you are.
and although I don't think it's the only factor, I do think it's true.
I couldn't be more greatful for being raised in the city.
The diversity in culture cannot be found anywhere like it is here in NY, and because of it I have an open mind, a greater understanding of people and a predjudice-free way of life.

I feel anonymous.
Anonymous, but not in the "Oh God, nobody even notices me" kind of way.
I just like how I can wonder the streets of this city and see people I've never seen before, and for just a second watch them in their own little world amongst the hustle and bustle that is NY, and then it's over and anonymity prevails.

I'm hardly ever inside, if you know me then this wont be news to you, I've always been an out-doors type of girl. I think I feel most content with myself and my life when my phone is switched off, my iPod is blaring away in my ear and I'm either wondering around the streets of Queens, catching the bus to brooklyn, or maybe wondering around manhattan. Nobody can bother me, nobody can hear what I hear, I can be amidst all the action and yet my thoughts can run as wild and free as they like.

It's a wonderful feeling.
It keeps me sane.
Try it.










Love Always, Shea

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God.
That was just beautiful. I really felt what you were saying, and you're right.. you cant get that in the country, the city is such an escape which is funny because the stereotypical escape would be the countryside but in actual fact for your mind and soul, it's the city.

Thank you for this.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should try this.

P.s. You write thrice as beautiful.

=]

[$ H A R O N A] said...

i think in some sense where you live affects who you are. whether its fashion or dialect.

KayJay said...

As a native Noo Yawker, I felt like I was reading my own mind. NYC has molded me into the person I am today. The streets, the bus, the subway, hoppin' on that dollar cab on Flatbush....Experiencing the culture from each & every borough is a never-ending adventure. Anyone who lives in NYC & can't find nothing to do needs to expand their minds!